TravCon 2018: Registration Passes 1K, Tickets Still Available
With only one week left until TravCon 2018, registration for one of the largest events for travel healthcare professionals has surpassed 1,000 and keeps climbing, event coordinator Michelle Freitag said.
“We’ll keep selling tickets until Sept. 6, at which point there are just a few available at the door – nothing guaranteed,” Freitag said in an email to Healthcare Traveler Today.
In addition to the estimated number of attendees, Freitag provided a more detailed breakdown of this year’s attendees:
- 80 percent of the attendees are travel nurses, The remaining 20 percent is a mix of travel allied health professions, other nurse professions and spouses or travel companions.
- Those travel allied and other nurse professionals so far include OTs, PTs, RRTs, NPs, PAs, SLPs, rad techs, sonographers, COTAs, LPNs and CNAs.
- 36 percent of attendees have either never traveled or have traveled less than 1 year. 25 percent have traveled for 1-2 years, and the remaining 39 percent have traveled for more than two years.
The conference will take place from Sept. 9-11 at Bally’s Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada, which is located on the Vegas Strip. Over 40 educational sessions will be presented in the two days of the main conference, plus 3 full-day pre-conference sessions which include Newbie BootCamp for first-time travelers, a Medical Spanish course and a CEN Review course.
For full information about this year’s conference, view the brochure below or visit the TravCon website to learn more and register.
- Agency Reviews
- Ask The Expert
- Continuing Education
- EMR Conversions
- First-Time Traveler
- For A Laugh
- Healthcare Roundup
- Hot Markets
- Industry Trends
- Market Data
- Nurse Contributor
- Take A Break
- Top 10
- Traveler Tips
- Weekly Polls
- Your Photos
- Your Stories